Job Vacancy - Updated Airport Operations Manager, Invercargill Airport
Airport Operations Manager
This is a re-listing, previous applicants need not apply.
Invercargill Airport is a significant asset and the gateway to the beautiful Southland region. We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our small, dedicated team responsible for operating the Airport.
We are looking for a highly innovative and proactive individual, with previous experience in the aviation industry, to join our team. Southland is growing in its place in the world and our reliance on air connectivity to and from our region is becoming increasingly important.
As the Airport Operations Manager, your primary role will be delivering the safe, effective, and efficient operations across the entire Airport. Whilst this opportunity will focus on ensuring the airport is compliant with CAA rule part 139 it is much more than that! You will be involved in all aspects of running a growing regional airport including emergency response and operations across the entire site, leading health and safety, security, airport maintenance as well as aeronautical planning. You will also have oversight and budgetary responsibility for operations.
You will have the enthusiasm, energy and drive to thrive in a fast paced environment, and most importantly, the skills to build strong relationships and engage others to achieve excellence in the day to day business of managing operations at the Invercargill Airport.
You will bring to the role:
- Previous aviation experience and/or a qualification or experience managing airport operations
- Working knowledge and a good level of understanding of CAA requirements including aviation security and risk management
- Demonstrated success in the health and safety field
- An ability to achieve goals whilst ensuring the delivery of cost effective solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stake holders
- Experience in the planning and delivery of projects
- Ability to see the big picture and solve problems as they arise.
- Commercial world experience would support the role
With all of the above, you will be ready to take the next step in your career and step into a role where you can make a real difference for the community and for this important Southland business.
For more information about this role and full job description contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.